Our Existing Wastewater Treatment Facilities
While Mashpee does not yet have a municipal WWTP, there are many private and small footprint WWTPs in town that help to keep nitrogen out of our sensitive bays, ponds, and ground water.
In this video, you will learn:
- Where the WWTPs are today.
- What they look like from the air and ground.
- The technology used, permitted flows, actual flows and Total Nitrogen in effluent.
- What the town and neighborhoods can learn from these existing private plants.
- Why the town municipal WWTFs are a key part of Mashpee’s Watershed Nitrogen Management Plan
Mashpee Sewer Commission